We at Hogrefe don’t just stay in our offices – at least, not all of us do!
In line with our aim and philosophy of being part of the scientific community we also try to get out and about, attending conferences and meetings, visiting universities, talking to authors, editors, other publishing partners, and customers, sometimes giving scientific presentations. Events where you will be able to meet and talk to Hogrefe people (and see our publications) during September and October include:
- The European Association for Aviation Psychology’s meeting in Cascais, near Lisbon (Portugal), from September 26 to 30: we publish the association’s journal, Aviation Psychology and Applied Human Factors, and so among other things we’ll be meeting with the journal’s editorial board there.
- The Gaining Advantage through Assessment conference, hosted by the European Division of the Association of Test Publishers (E-ATP), from September 28 to 30, also near Lisbon (Portugal): Some or our test development team will be presenting on psychological assessment as a key for successful lifelong learning.
- One of publishing’s largest annual events, the Frankfurt Bookfair from October 19 to 23: You’ll find us in Hall 4.2.
- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry’s annual meeting, taking place in New York October 24 to 29: Child and adolescent psychiatrists love the award-winning Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs for Children and Adolescents. But drug treatments are not the only game in town – if you’re more psychodynamically oriented, then the brand new OPD-CA-2, the multiaxial diagnostic system for psychodynamically oriented psychiatrists and therapists now for children and adolescents, may be just for you.
- The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies’ jubilee 50th annual convention, also taking place in New York from October 27 to 30: Unlike ABCT, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary and 50 years of CBT, we don’t have a specific jubilee to celebrate – but we will be displaying and talking to authors and editors of our widely praised Advances in Psychotherapy book series and other publications.
If you are at or close by any of these events, do drop by for a chat!
Publishing Manager, Hogrefe Publishing