The journal for experimental research in psychology
Read the ONLINE journal at econtent.hogrefe.com!
- ISSN-L 1618-3169, ISSN-Print 1618-3169, ISSN-Online 2190-5142
- Impact Factor:
- 0.803 (5 Year Impact Factor: 1.513)
- Indexed in:
- Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences (CC/S&BS), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Medline, PsycINFO, PSYNDEX, ERIH, Scopus, and EMCare.
- Andreas B. Eder (Editor-in-chief)
Christian Frings (Editor-in-chief)
- View full editorial board
As its name implies, Experimental Psychology publishes innovative, original, high-quality experimental research in psychology.
- Professional outlet for cutting-edge experimental research in psychology since 50 years
- Rigorous peer review and a dedicated editorial team
- Electronic manuscript submission and peer review via Editorial Manager
- Transparency through TOP guidelines and Open Science Practices
- Author friendly and non-bureaucratic handling of submission
To get more detailed information, read the Editorial by Andreas B. Eder and Christian Frings
- Open to all disciplines of experimental research in psychology
- Various article types (Research Articles, Theoretical Articles, Registered Reports)
- Publication of Brief Articles reporting a single experiment
- Preregistration of Registered Reports using a two-tiered system
- Dedication to Open Science Practices (data archiving, open science badges, etc.)
- Low hurdle submission guidelines
- Rapid quality check of incoming submissions
- Optional publication models: subscription –based or open access for a fair price!
- Advance online publication in the paper’s final form within 12 weeks of acceptance. *
*Provided there are no delays in approving proofs for release.
New editorial out now!
The editors of our journal Experimental Psychology have written a new editorial “Where We Stand and Where to Go” that is packed with their thoughts on the future of the journal, as well as an announcement of grants for authors of registered reports and much more. Check out the advance article version here!
COVID-19 and its impact on publication process
As a result of the significant disruption that is being caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are very aware that many researchers will have difficulty in meeting the “standard times” due dates. Please do let us know if you need additional time. Our systems will continue to remind you of the original timelines, but we intend to be highly flexible at this time.
Experimental Psychology now on Twitter!
Follow them to get all updates about the journal like announcements of the latest online and print copy, important news and reminders regarding special issues.
What Makes a Quality Journal?
Andreas B. Eder and Christian Frings
Experimental Psychology, Vol. 65, No. 5, pp. 257–262
Factors Guiding Moral Judgment, Reason, Decision, and Action
Alex Wiegmann and Magda Osman
Experimental Psychology, Vol. 64, No. 2, pp. 65-67
Experimental Psychology – Methodological Rigor and Transparency
Experimental Psychology, Vol. 64, No. 1, pp. 1-4
Experimental Psychology – A Call for Confirmatory Research
Experimental Psychology, Vol. 63, No. 1, pp. 1-2
Here you will find all the information you need to advertise with Hogrefe. This includes current rates, news, special offers and services, as well as your contacts for advertising in this journal.
The Experimental Psychology is published bimonthly. Only calendar year subscriptions are available. Prices exclude shipping and handling charges, as detailed below.
+ postage and handling € 18.00
Prices for libraries / institutions depend on whether print or online is required and the size of the institution.
+ postage and handling € 18.00